ANDRÁS SZÁNTÓ LLC
is a consulting firm specializing in cultural strategy and program development for museums, foundations, educational institutions, and corporations worldwide. It's founder and principal, András Szántó, is a widely published author and editor, and a frequent moderator of key conversations about museums, cultural strategy, and the shifting dynamics of the art world. His most recent book, The Future of the Museum: 28 Dialogues
, was written at the beginning of the pandemic in the spring and summer of 2020 and published in January of 2021. Szántó runs his consultancy from a home office in Brooklyn. He travels frequently, up to a week a month during non-pandemic times, both domestically and internationally. His large roster of projects ranges from strategically advising on a museum's long-term plan to counseling individual artists, to working on large-scale commissions, prizes, or other initiatives for corporations, art fairs, educational institutions, and entrepreneurs in the art space.
ANDRÁS SZÁNTÓ LLC is seeking a personal assistant to provide direct administrative support to the Brooklyn-based principal, including scheduling, invoicing, and to manage all support systems for the office.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is flexible, resourceful, eager to take initiative, highly organized, solution orientated, good at anticipating needs, and interested in exposure to the contemporary art world and/or museum management.Responsibilities Include: Personal Assistant role (PA)
· Overseeing the calendar of meetings and events, including scheduling appointments and prioritizing meeting requests;
· Assisting with correspondence, including writing business emails;
· Filling and maintaining the filing system for both paper and digital files;
· Handling incoming and outgoing post and packages;
· Booking and coordinating travel (with travel agent);
· Managing office and office supplies, including general organization and upkeep;
· Attending meetings and taking notes;
· Coordinating IT needs with IT consultant;
· Liaising with staff, suppliers, and clients;
· Coordinating invoice process;
· Classify business expenses by categories in QuickBooks (to be reviewed by bookkeeper)
· Facilitating documents and needs from bookkeeper and accountant;
· Maintaining and updating procedures/administrative systems, including databases, insurance, and filing systems, among others; Role requirements:
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
· Meticulous attention to detail and superb organization skills;
· At least one year of related office or administrative experience and managing complex calendars;
· Proficiency across Microsoft Word, Excel, and mail platforms; knowledge of PowerPoint, and InDesign is a plus.
· High level of personal motivation, agency, and ownership of assigned projects and tasks;
· A willingness to perform other related duties, as assigned;
· Discretion and strong people skills. Application Instructions:
· Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
and indicate "Personal Assistant" in the subject line;
· This is a six-month, part-time position (15-20 hours a week) with flexible working hours
· Brooklyn-based position, with the ability to extend;
· Applications accepted during April, with start date in May 2021.